Welcome

This blog is created to assist those who desire to walk with Christ with a greater passion.

Taking a Good look at Scripture

Taking a Good look at Scripture

Pastor Phil

Pastor Phil
Teachng the Word

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Providing for the work of the Lord

December 20: Providing for he Work of God

1 Chronicles 29:2-5 (NIV)
2 With all my resources I have provided for the temple of my God--gold for the gold work, silver for the silver, bronze for the bronze, iron for the iron and wood for the wood, as well as onyx for the settings, turquoise, stones of various colors, and all kinds of fine stone and marble--all of these in large quantities. 3 Besides, in my devotion to the temple of my God I now give my personal treasures of gold and silver for the temple of my God, over and above everything I have provided for this holy temple:4 three thousand talents of gold (gold of Ophir) and seven thousand talents of refined silver, for the overlaying of the walls of the buildings, 5 for the gold work and the silver work, and for all the work to be done by the craftsmen. Now, who is willing to consecrate himself today to the Lord?"
As leaders we set the pace for those who will follow us. We must lead by example. See how David sets the pace for those he leads. I am so convinced that this is a work of God that I will invest in it personally in great measure. Listen as David proclaims for all to hear, “With all of my resources I have provided for the temple.”

I am not just talking about it but I am leading the way. Here now is my retirement account and I am giving it to the Temple project. I am not only giving out of my surplus but out of my own personal storehouse. We see in this picture that the resources for the temple are already in the hands of God’s people, they just have to be willing to turn lose of them so God can use them for his glory.

We are at a time in our culture when funds are drying up for missionary workers, but we are also at a time in our culture when our houses are overstuffed with stuff that we should get rid of so the nations can hear. I believe one of the reasons that funds have dried up is because God wants to help us empty our homes of stuff so we will be lighter and freer to give to God’s purposes. Take a good look around your home and ask yourself the question can I get along without this for the sake of the glory of God?

Let us be like David who emptied his storehouse for the Temple project and empty our stuffed houses for the Gospel of Christ. Let us give until we feel lighter and let us give until we experience God’s joy in giving.

Pastor phil

No comments:

Post a Comment