Welcome

This blog is created to assist those who desire to walk with Christ with a greater passion.

Taking a Good look at Scripture

Taking a Good look at Scripture

Pastor Phil

Pastor Phil
Teachng the Word

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Qualities of the Foreman

December 17: Qualities of the Foreman

1 Chronicles 28:9-10 (NIV)
9 "And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.
10 Consider now, for the Lord has chosen you to build a temple as a sanctuary. Be strong and do the work."
David did not leave Solomon without a plan, but his plan was not something from any college of construction I have ever seen. I can hear the conversation between David and his young son.

“Dad, how am I going to be able to build this temple for God’s glory when I do not even know how to wield a hammer?”

“Don’t worry son God has way?”

“Well Dad what is His way, I need to know.”

OK, Solomon, take out your notebook and write these things down. Here is how you are going to build this temple. The first and most important thing is that you get to know this God who has called you to build. This is your first priority.”

“Ok Dad I hear you but how do I get to know him?”

“Serve him with your whole heart. Learn of him with all your mind. This task will call for all of your emotional and spiritual and intellectual energies. Do not let anything keep you from these most important tasks.”

“Ok Dad I get it but when will I learn about how to build the temple? Sure this is all good and everything but someone has to build the temple and I don’t think these priorities that you have given me are going to help much with stone cutting and metallurgy. When will I be trained in these things?”

“Patience my son, patience.”

Some of you reading this are probably saying the same things. Well you will have to tune in tomorrow to discover how it is these disciplines are used by God to train and equip this young and inexperienced temple builder.

Working on Knowing God so I can build His temple,


Pastor phil

No comments:

Post a Comment